5 Tips for a Healthy Diet:
• Drink plenty of water. Minimum 8 glasses of water per day.
• Eat dinner at least 2 hrs before sleep.
• Do not skip breakfast; it is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast should contain whole grains and dairy.
• Chew your food thoroughly, it improves absorption and prevents indigestion.
• Make sure your diet contains whole grains, high fiber and a low Glycemic Index (GI) like bran/barley/oats/whole meal bread etc. Glycemic Index (GI) is the rate at which the body converts carbohydrates to sugars. Lower the GI the healthier the food.